Skip to main content

Pianos



It has been a little bit since an entry.

I am doing well with my camera and piano. I have sent back the Swissonic 88 keyboard mentioned previously, and now have in the mail a truly high quality keyboard, the Roland FP-90.

I look forwards to playing it, and writing down my impressions. It is a triple sensor keyboard, and so more expressive than others, you can replay a note after raising up the key just a little bit. The expressiveness is important to me.

It is a white piano too. So now not only the piano keys are white. I like to think of the sky pictures I take, and the floating clouds, and imagine them inside the piano keys.

The Sony A7R II is taking beautiful pictures still too, with the 90mm Macro lens, and the Tamron 100-400mm, both of which are splendid lenses. I have gotten completely used to using the latter properly as an adapted lens and think it, with my inexperienced view, a recommendable combination.

My health has had its ups and downs, while I rarely write about it, I feel I should a little, though not very much, as crosses belong kept quietly close if one can bear them so.

I am improving in that I have a treadmill to run on a little every day. And a little I run on it every day, making progress in improving my ability to exert myself without getting out of breath, little by little.

The winter has been difficult however in that cold and wet weather seems the worst for allergies, and they have become bad enough that I must keep medication around at all times or risk coughing and choking to a dangerous point. I wonder what it is on cold wet days, even when it is snowing that is in the air that troubles me?

God is good. May God help us poor sinners, and protect the holy Church, and save the poor lost souls everywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midway through Installing Touchkeys on the FP-90

The testing phase complete, I have begun the installation.

Before I detail that I'll talk about the testing phase.

In the testing phase, all the boards and sensors are hooked up in the proper order, and plugged into the USB connector on the computer, to be powered up and tested through the software.

I laid mine out on poster board, which proved convenient as it was strong enough to hold the laid out sensors, and convenient to move them to other locations out of the way, as I lack a lot of free surface space at this time.


The testing phase went well save for one hitch, in which the last board's sensors would only function once in a blue moon.

After some helpful advice from Dr. McPherson, and reading about previous installations on the Touchkeys group, the most probable cause for this appeared to be a lack of sufficient power from the USB port.

I spent a good deal of time fiddling around with possible solutions -- plugging the USB cable into all sorts of ports, and failing at s…

Fawns in the Rain

The fawns which visited not too long ago returned during the rains the other day.

There's flooding down by the river, but I am on a safe incline. I hope and pray the poor folks down by the river come out of it all without harm.

Finishing the Touchkeys Installation on the FP-90

Installing the Touchkeys sensor proceeds apace.


There are 88 to install, so I tune out a bit, balancing attention and daydreaming about composing better pieces than certain famous composers.

Eventually they're all done, and I am pleased with how properly placed they are.



I then begin pondering what occupied my attention last night.





Last night I removed the metal struts used as supports for the middle of the case. I have no plans to sit on my keyboard, so they should prove unnecessary. Hopefully there should be no issues.

In any case, the struts were severely in the way, and now they are gone. I will use the first pair of blocks of wood now that were too wide when they were there. I've decided to screw the wood in from the bottom to secure it, as my thinner plank proved not to adhere with hot glue.

I paint the planks too, as they were a little rough. After waiting for the paint to dry. . .

Mark two screw hole points on the wooden bridge, drill two holes, attach it to the keybo…