Skip to main content

Pianos



It has been a little bit since an entry.

I am doing well with my camera and piano. I have sent back the Swissonic 88 keyboard mentioned previously, and now have in the mail a truly high quality keyboard, the Roland FP-90.

I look forwards to playing it, and writing down my impressions. It is a triple sensor keyboard, and so more expressive than others, you can replay a note after raising up the key just a little bit. The expressiveness is important to me.

It is a white piano too. So now not only the piano keys are white. I like to think of the sky pictures I take, and the floating clouds, and imagine them inside the piano keys.

The Sony A7R II is taking beautiful pictures still too, with the 90mm Macro lens, and the Tamron 100-400mm, both of which are splendid lenses. I have gotten completely used to using the latter properly as an adapted lens and think it, with my inexperienced view, a recommendable combination.

My health has had its ups and downs, while I rarely write about it, I feel I should a little, though not very much, as crosses belong kept quietly close if one can bear them so.

I am improving in that I have a treadmill to run on a little every day. And a little I run on it every day, making progress in improving my ability to exert myself without getting out of breath, little by little.

The winter has been difficult however in that cold and wet weather seems the worst for allergies, and they have become bad enough that I must keep medication around at all times or risk coughing and choking to a dangerous point. I wonder what it is on cold wet days, even when it is snowing that is in the air that troubles me?

God is good. May God help us poor sinners, and protect the holy Church, and save the poor lost souls everywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midway through Installing Touchkeys on the FP-90

The testing phase complete, I have begun the installation. Before I detail that I'll talk about the testing phase. In the testing phase, all the boards and sensors are hooked up in the proper order, and plugged into the USB connector on the computer, to be powered up and tested through the software. I laid mine out on poster board, which proved convenient as it was strong enough to hold the laid out sensors, and convenient to move them to other locations out of the way, as I lack a lot of free surface space at this time. The testing phase went well save for one hitch, in which the last board's sensors would only function once in a blue moon. After some helpful advice from Dr. McPherson, and reading about previous installations on the Touchkeys group, the most probable cause for this appeared to be a lack of sufficient power from the USB port. I spent a good deal of time fiddling around with possible solutions -- plugging the USB cable into all sorts of ports, and f

In the meantime

God willing, I will be blogging more about Touchkeys in the coming days. In the meantime here is a a photographic interlude.

Images of Young Fawns

  Three fauns came to visit for the entire afternoon. Here are some inspirational reflections. '"Walk before Me and be perfect." (Gen. xvii. i.) Let everything recall to you the presence of God. If, for example, you go into the garden and see some flowers, ask one of them. What are you? It will not reply, I am a flower. No, but it will say to you, Ego vox - I am a preacher; I preach the power, the wisdom, the goodness, the beauty, the prudence of our great God. Imagine that the flower makes you this reply, and let it penetrate your heart and teach you a lesson of divine love.' St. Paul of the Cross 'All that God gives us and all that He permits in this world have no other end than to sanctify us in Him.' St. Catherine of Siena A prayer. . . Act of Love   from the Small Roman Missal As the hart panteth after the fountains of water, so my soul panteth after Thee, O God! "My soul hath thirsted after the strong, living Go