Skip to main content

RME HDSP 9632

Today my RME HDSP 9632 arrived in the mail from Poland.

The box looked like someone sat on it. But it was unharmed, and looked like new out of the wrapper, rather than a used product.

Works great. Best audio interface card I've ever had. Drivers did not blue screen me. Latency is the minimal possible, unlike earlier. Doesn't conflict with my other sound cards. Smooth sailing all the way.

The FP-90 now plays with an instant response when I a press key, the delay is a mere 1.60 milliseconds for input, 2.31 milliseconds for output.

Previously the best I could get with an old Soundblaster RX was 4.65ms/2.67ms, though sometimes I had to set the buffer higher to 7.42ms/5.33ms.

It's noticeable, and it affects how your mind has to work with your playing. The more the disconnect, the more mental work you have to do to keep the timing properly, and it does interfere with keeping it.

I shall be more happily playing the piano and other instruments in the future.

The Lord is gracious and kind and merciful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midway through Installing Touchkeys on the FP-90

The testing phase complete, I have begun the installation.

Before I detail that I'll talk about the testing phase.

In the testing phase, all the boards and sensors are hooked up in the proper order, and plugged into the USB connector on the computer, to be powered up and tested through the software.

I laid mine out on poster board, which proved convenient as it was strong enough to hold the laid out sensors, and convenient to move them to other locations out of the way, as I lack a lot of free surface space at this time.


The testing phase went well save for one hitch, in which the last board's sensors would only function once in a blue moon.

After some helpful advice from Dr. McPherson, and reading about previous installations on the Touchkeys group, the most probable cause for this appeared to be a lack of sufficient power from the USB port.

I spent a good deal of time fiddling around with possible solutions -- plugging the USB cable into all sorts of ports, and failing at s…

Fawns in the Rain

The fawns which visited not too long ago returned during the rains the other day.

There's flooding down by the river, but I am on a safe incline. I hope and pray the poor folks down by the river come out of it all without harm.

Finishing the Touchkeys Installation on the FP-90

Installing the Touchkeys sensor proceeds apace.


There are 88 to install, so I tune out a bit, balancing attention and daydreaming about composing better pieces than certain famous composers.

Eventually they're all done, and I am pleased with how properly placed they are.



I then begin pondering what occupied my attention last night.





Last night I removed the metal struts used as supports for the middle of the case. I have no plans to sit on my keyboard, so they should prove unnecessary. Hopefully there should be no issues.

In any case, the struts were severely in the way, and now they are gone. I will use the first pair of blocks of wood now that were too wide when they were there. I've decided to screw the wood in from the bottom to secure it, as my thinner plank proved not to adhere with hot glue.

I paint the planks too, as they were a little rough. After waiting for the paint to dry. . .

Mark two screw hole points on the wooden bridge, drill two holes, attach it to the keybo…